There’s no need to do all of the thinking on your own. Here’s a list of blog and article suggestions.
By the way, if there are certain industries, topics or other types of content you would like to see more of, drop your article suggestions in the comment section, use the contact form or send a message on Instagram.
What’s The Music Industry Doing To Help With COVID-19?
- Lady Gaga worked with Global Citizen to raise $35 million and announced a star-studded appreciation concert airing April 18.
- Wu-Tang Clan donated a portion of the $170,000+ given to the Ottawa Food Bank.
- Cardi B thanked NYC medical professionals by donating 20,000 bottles of Owyn, a vegan meal supplement. And…
- Cardi B and DJ iMarkkeyz will donate proceeds from a hit single to people dealing with layoffs and lost wages.
- Slim Thug gave 1,000 bottles of hand sanitizer to essential workers in Houston and plans to follow up with hand sanitizer for healthcare workers.
- Ciara and her hubby, Russell Wilson, are donating 1 million meals to Seattle Food Lifeline.
- Future is using his FreeWishes Foundation to donate face masks to hospital workers and patients.
- Kanye West donated cash to fund meal deliveries in Chicago and Los Angeles.
- Megan Thee Stallion is donating money, devices, and other supplies to a Houston nursing facility.
- Jay-Z and Meek Mill used to their organization to donate masks to correctional facilities.
- Fall Out Boy gave $100,000 for Chicago food banks, meals for students and people out of work.
- Quavo is using his foundation to raise money and donate personal protective equipment to healthcare workers in LA and Atlanta.
- And here’s a list with over 15 others in the music industry who offered help, including, Rihanna, Lil Nas X, Florida Georgia Line and Suga
Why not create a real good, feel-good slideshow or listicle? If you’re a journalist, why not investigate whether celebrity aid is going where it’s supposed to?
Don’t Forget: Last week’s article suggestions
What About Employee Relations?
Well, Shipt reduced its shoppers’ canceled order pay to a low as .29 cents and claimed it was an error. But to correct it, the company set a flat rate for canceled orders that is still less, on average, than it previously paid.
Then, this week, Shipt workers threatened to walk-off the job, which prompted the company to announce some changes, but workers say it isn’t enough.
And, OSHA is investigating complaints that Amazon isn’t doing enough to stop the spread of the coronavirus at a facility in Pennsylvania.
Waitrose, a British grocery chain, was requiring workers to make up time off to care for sick family members. But that “time bank” policy got some public attention and the company said they “got it wrong” and started offering paid leave.
Royal Mail isn’t providing proper protection for workers in sorting offices, according to the Communication Workers Union. And the coronavirus has already claimed some postal workers’ lives.
And while we’re on the subject of Royal Mail…
One of its workers allegedly wiped his nose on his hand and smeared it around the outside of someone’s home. Here’s the video.
If you’re convinced, why not write about how trifling folks can be and the need for extra caution whether people are around or not?
Apparently, Safety Just Isn’t A Thing For Everybody…
An Illinois mayor ordered a crackdown on stay-at-home violations. On Sunday, at about 1 a.m., police busted his wife at a party .
In Ohio, Rashaan Davis, a young and dumb 25-year-old, livestreamed a party and made it clear they “don’t give a f@$k about this coronavirus.” But police do give a f#!k, and they arrested him.
And clearly, stupidity withstands the test of time. A 55-year-old named Stephan Fanelli was arrested in Florida for fighting a female cashier who asked him to respect social distancing.
I’m sure you can continue compiling a list of coronavirus outlaws. It could be entertaining and enlightening.
If you’re into controversial topics…
Pharma Bro, the fraudster whose real name is Martin Shkreli, wants a 3-month furlough from prison to help develop coronavirus drugs. And although he’s being sued for a scheme to jack up a drug 4000% in a day, but he doesn’t think companies should profit from coronavirus treatments.
Dr. Drew apologized for making foolish statements like the probability of dying of coronavirus was less than being hit by an asteroid.
And he’s not the only one to backtrack…
Canada’s chief public health officer reversed course on wearing masks, now claiming it’s a “sensible thing to do.” Yet, at the end of March, she was making comments like “there is no need to use a mask for well people.”
What’s Up With Our Food?
Seafood prices tumbled with the market for big-money items, such as scallops and lobster “pretty much nonexistent.”
Meanwhile, 40% of shoppers said after visiting two stores there were items they couldn’t find. But in Florida, thousands of acres of produce are being plowed over or left to rot and France is drowning in excess wine.
There are other surpluses. Tell us about them and tell us what’s going on, especially since we’re at a point where…
USDA felt the need to launch Meals for K ids, an interactive map to help people find sites offering free food for children.
And let’s not forget sex…
If Danes have to stay at home they’re like we’re gonna do it with sex toys. Sales have more than doubled.
And sex workers who generally rely on person-to-person transactions are moving their businesses online.
Give You More Article Suggestions??? Ok…
- In the UK, panic buying has stopped and grocery stores have lifted purchase limits. But now, the British are expected to reverse course and start avoiding unnecessary spending.
- Yum! Brands gave its South African landlords the finger, saying if stores are closed, it won’t pay rent.
- Cheesecake Factory said no thanks to paying for any of its locations.
- And Staples told its landlords the checks will not be in the mail. Who else isn’t doing the bill-paying thing right now?
- U.S. doctors want the government to learn from China and shut down live animal markets “immediately,” calling them a welcome mat to coronaviruses.
- Drone footage reportedly captured inmates burying coffins in NYC.
- California is going to allow Nuro’s self-driving vehicles on public roads.
- Some black men think wearing homemade face coverings is a bad idea for them.
- And Stephen King’s “If It Bleeds” is out now. Can you speed read and get us a book review?
Did You Know: The “Fight Club” Author Released A Book On Writing