This is a list of tools and resources that may make your life a lot easier. It’s a living list, meaning it will continue to change. So, keep checking.
And please understand that some of the items on this list may have affiliate links. Thank you in advance for any support that comes from them.
Where To Find Writing Jobs
- Constant Content – A marketplace with multiple options. Reply to public requests for content, apply to ongoing/long-term projects or write whatever you like, set a price and post it for sale.
- Indeed – An excellent place to search for jobs. Usually offers pages of results. Type “Anywhere” in location for remote and freelance jobs.
Invoicing, Payments & More
- PayPal – Generate invoices, mobile payment requests, personalized payment links. Get a card scanner. MasterCard debit card available to access your funds.
- PayAnywhere – Enables credit card payments with a smartphone or get a card reader.
- On Writing Well: The Classic Guide to Writing Nonfiction – Truly a classic. For nonfiction writers, it’s one for the permanent collection.
- On Writing – A Memoir of the Craft – Steven King doesn’t disappoint when writing about writing.
- Draft2Digital – A convenient way to self-publish. This platform will format and submit your book to Amazon, Barnes & Noble, iTunes and a wide range of others all at once. All you need is a Word document.
- Free Wifi Hotspot locator – Find free Wifi in your town or when you’re out of town.
- Grammarly– Improve your writing in your emails, social media posts, forms, WordPress and more. There’s a FREE version and a premium version.